Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Very Happy Birthday

My birthday celebration started early and is still going strong. Earlier in the month, friends from Chula Vista sent a “friendship quilt”, with many blocks signed by dear friends. Trina Matheson put it together, Annette Ferons quilted it (with music symbols and hearts), and Shannon Larsen bound it. What a treasured gift! Here I am snuggled up under it. I love it!

My birthday began in Istanbul, Turkey, just ten minutes after midnight; and it ended many hours later in Yerevan, Armenia. We were in Istanbul to meet with the two other missionary in couples in Turkey, who are laboring in Istanbul and Izmir. It was great for the six of us to be together for a couple of days. What a great week to be there, with all the tulips in bloom!


On my birthday, Ron and I had been napping in the branch meeting house in Istanbul, but we set our alarm so we could get up early and drag our suitcases to the sidewalk to get a taxi and catch our 3:30 a.m. flight to Yerevan for a Humanitarian Missionary Couples’ conference. We had a wonderful time at the conference. Watch for the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment